Bolton College welcomes feedback from students, employers and members of the public about courses, services, facilities and other matters for which the College is responsible. All formal complaints will be fully investigated sensitively and our aim is to respond quickly, positively and to reach an outcome that is satisfactory and fair for all concerned. The information gained as a result of these investigations will be used in the pursuit of corrective action and / or continual improvement.
It is always our aim to manage issues and complaints in a way that is sensitive to the needs of individuals and groups, and supportive of the Bolton College’s goal of providing an excellent customer service, every time.
Informal complaints - the quickest method
There are a number of informal channels you can follow which we expect would usually lead to a resolution if you have an issue you wish to raise at the time. This can be done by:
- Speaking to a tutor, manager or member of staff who represents the department of the college about which you have an issue or concern
- Speaking to a Curriculum Leader, or Head of Programme Area
- Discussing with Student Services
- Email your suggestion to our Customer Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a complainant feels it is necessary to pursue a complaint formally, they can be assured that we will treat it seriously and impartially.
A formal complaint should be made in the following way:
Initially the complainant should speak with a tutor, Curriculum Leader, or Head of Area for the Department their complaint refers to and discuss their concerns with them. A complainant may find that the matter can be resolved at this stage. However, if that is not the case the complainant should then:
- Complete our online complaint form (click here to access)
- Visit Student Services or the Principalship office for assistance and to complete a complaint form digitally
A full copy of our Complaints Policy & Procedure and associated flowchart can be downloaded below.