Applied Science at Bolton College is taught in our well-equipped laboratory, giving you a realistic expectation of the workplace environment and the knowledge and skills that employers are looking for.
The Applied Science units studied on our programmes, taught in our cutting-edge STEM Centre, will open up opportunities for you in a range of science careers:
• Biomedical Scientist
• Forensic Scientist
• Scenes of Crime Officer
Become a future Physicist by joining the University of Bolton's EXCEED Programme where you'll have the opportunity to access modern laboratories as well as a cell imaging and biochemistry suite. Take exciting masterclasses from industry experts and progress to one of the University's Biomedical & Medical Engineering or Biology & Medical Biology programmes, leading to a host of exciting careers.
Deane Road Campus
• Our Applied Science Level 3 programme has 100% achievement rates.
• We'll reward your achievements, with trips to The Anderton Centre, the University’s outdoor pursuits centre, and so much more. You’ll also have the opportunity to apply for the prestigious Duke of Edinburgh Award.
• Enjoy masterclasses from industry experts & explore a range of science areas in top facilities through
the University of Bolton's EXCEED Programme.
• Work experience opportunities are available for students in pharmacies, breweries, opticians, industrial laboratories and other exciting science-related settings.
• Take advantage of excellent enrichment events and activities such as trips to science museums, exploring local university science facilities and more.
• We also have a wide range of events throughout the year, including showcases, enterprise activities and cultural celebrations.